Veneers in Jersey City, NJ
Fill out the form at right and we will e-mail you a coupon
Like all veneers, composite dental veneers are used to improve the overall appearance of teeth. The difference is that they don’t require an extensive reshaping of the existing teeth during placement. With porcelains, for example, the dentist needs to reduce existing teeth to create room for the veneers. For composites, however, the material is bonded to the outer surface of the tooth and molded into shape by the doctor.
Who Needs Veneers?
Composite veneers are used to treat a range of cosmetic dental issues including but not limited to:
- Crooked teeth: Crooked teeth often cause us to avoid smiling when in the company of friends or colleagues. A quick orthodontic procedure followed by a combination of whitening and composite veneers can instantly redeem your smile and give you more confidence.
- Stained teeth: Undesirable stains, white patches and general discoloration that cannot be treated with general cleaning or whitening also can be fixed with composite veneers.
- Filling gaps between existing teeth: Natural gaps, especially in the front teeth, can be closed using composite dental veneers. What’s even better is that this treatment can be completed in a single visit and costs much less than orthodontic treatment or porcelain veneers.
- Fixing chipped and damaged teeth: Tooth chipping or cracking and general damage can be caused by several factors, including acid erosion and accidents. Cosmetic bonding is the most ideal, cost-effective and least invasive way to fix such issues.
Veneers also can be used alongside orthodontic treatments like braces and Invisalign to treat severe tooth alignment issues.
How Long Do Composite Dental Veneers Last?
This depends on several factors including;
- The type of composite used
- How well the patient cares for his or her teeth
- The patient’s dietary habits
If quality composite material is used and you care for your teeth extremely well and maintain healthy dietary habits, then the veneers can stay in place for several years. Some people are able to keep theirs for as long as five years or longer. It’s less time than what you’d get with porcelain veneers, but any repairs or replacements are fairly simple and less expensive.
Book an appointment
If you have any of the issues mentioned here (chipped, crooked, misaligned, damaged, or stained teeth), call AV Dental today at 201-484-7759 to book an appointment.